Our health and wellbeing depend on the diet we maintain. Doctors always highlight the importance of a well-balanced diet essential to meet our daily nutrient requirements. The nutrients fuel our body to conduct metabolic processes daily. They also provide disease-prevention benefits and protect the body from possible infections and diseases. In short, a well-balanced diet has immense disease prevention benefits.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
But it gets difficult to have a balanced diet on the daily run. So, here is where a nutritional plan steps in. A nutritional plan is a guide that helps you eat healthy items in the required amounts so that your body receives the necessary ingredients.
Nutritional plans are put together by health professionals, nutritionists, dietitians, or other experts who understand the body, its requirements, and the nutritional aspects of different food. These plans are designed to keep the health condition, life aspects, and other necessary pointers in mind. These considerations ensure that an individual can easily abide by the nutrition plan.
Why does having a nutrition plan matter?
We have already highlighted the necessity of maintaining a healthy eating plan in the previous sections. Making beneficial nutrition investments in your diet helps give your body the nutrients it needs. It can change your life in many ways, such as:
- A healthy eating plan can increase your lifespan and reduce the chances of getting sick. You would be able to live life better and enjoy it longer.
- The right nutrition plan helps you stay in shape, look better, and feel confident by ensuring only the necessary calorie intake. What we put in our bodies greatly impacts how we look. Maintaining a healthy diet can have you practically glowing.
- Good nutrition will help you feel more energized, have high energy levels, and be in the mood to study and work.
What are the best diet plans for Weight Loss, Sustainability, and more?
We understand that it can be difficult to watch your weight when temptations are around. Every corner has a delicious street food shop that deep-fried and sugar-dripping delectables. Indulging in those urges daily is just not healthy. You have to watch your shape as obesity is a slow killer.
We have eight evidence-backed diet plans to help you shed weight and improve your overall health.
Unlike other fad eating meal plans that do more harm than good, intermittent fasting is a healthy eating plan backed by research and has benefits beyond weight loss.
- You can do intermittent fasting in either a cyclical or non-cyclical fashion. Some people fast intermittently daily, while others do it on specific days of the week.
- Intermittent fasting can lead to a 3-8% weight loss over 3–24 weeks, which is a significantly greater percentage than other weight loss methods.
- Health care professionals have revealed that intermittent fasting can improve metabolism, increase fat burning, and preserve muscle mass.
Plant-based diets are not only for vegans and those thinking about the environment. A dairy-free plant-based healthy eating plan has several benefits for the body as well.
- It becomes clear from the name, that all kinds of animal products including dairy are not included in the diet. The necessary nutrients are required to come from plant-based products.
- You do not have to stress about missing out on any necessary nutrients as plant products are rich in nutrients and the plan includes items that have rare micronutrients and minerals as well.
- The best feature about this diet is that it is all-inclusive, increases the range of foods you know and eat… A plant-based diet can be considered vegan, Lacto-Ovo, and vegetarian.
- However, flexible plant-based diets, such as the flexitarian diet, allow eating animal products in moderation. The meat lovers who find it difficult to give up their animal proteins can indulge in this diet. Plus there are several vegetarian counterparts to animal proteins that when prepared correctly taste just like meat.
- Plant-based diets have several benefits it is much easier to cut on oil and other fats when having plant-based meal plans. Plant items do not need to be deep-fried or cooked longer. You could either boil them or toss all veggies in a salad.
- Regularly consuming plant-based diets encourages the body to burn fat instead of storing it. In this way, this is a meal plan for muscle gain and fat loss, which is the ideal method of losing weight.
Low-carb diets are among the most popular meal plan for weight loss. It could be compared to a fad diet but this one actually works. The popularity of this healthy eating plan has made the harmful effects of carbohydrates, a well-known fact. Even if you are not trying to lose weight, you can maintain low-carb diets as they are healthier and put off the onset of several lifestyle diseases.
- A low-carb diet is one that is not dependent on carbohydrates. In our usual diet patterns, carbohydrates from the main part of our meal. We eat bread, cereals, and grains as the major source of our energy.
- In a low-carb diet, you replace these with fruit or vegetable-based dishes. It might not be as filling as compared to carbs. So you’d have to eat 4-5 meals a day at regular intervals.
- You will eat a lot of vegetables and fruit, as well as lean meats such as chicken breast or turkey. Low-carb meal plans are typically high in protein, which can help you lose weight faster than on a standard diet. Low-carb diets are also great for people who are athletic or into weightlifting.
- Examples include the Atkins diet, ketogenic (keto) diet, and low-carb, high-fat (LCHF) diet.
The paleo diet
- The paleo eating plan is a diet that mimics the eating habits of our ancestors when they were hunter-gathers. It is based on the premise that humans have not changed significantly since the Paleolithic Era, and therefore should eat as they did during this time.
- The Paleo meal plan concerns itself with providing the body with nutrients from the food you hunted, foraged, or caught in an effort to mimic what it was like for early men before modern processed foods were widely available.
- Even though it is difficult to tell exactly what the paleolithic man ate during that time. But researchers have surely guaranteed that it was surely not processed food.
- The paleo diet advocates eating whole foods, fruits, vegetables, lean meats, nuts, and seeds. It restricts the consumption of processed foods, grains, sugar, and dairy, though some less restrictive versions allow for some dairy products like cheese.
- It’s based on the theory that modern diseases are linked to the western eating plan, as proponents believe that the human body hasn’t evolved to process legumes, grains, and dairy.
- Apart from the diet aspect, this diet includes copious amounts of energy providing food as the paleolithic man was quite active, making this a meal plan for muscle gain and fat loss.
- Definition of a low-fat diet is an eating plan that limits the amount of fat consumed. This diet is proven to lower your weight over time. You have to restrict the amount of food with saturated fats, cholesterol, and trans-fatty acids.
- A low-fat diet can be used to lose weight and improve health by restricting the intake of saturated fats, cholesterol, and trans-fatty acids.
- Key benefits: Weight loss – Better heart health – Decreased risk of stroke, diabetes, and other chronic diseases.
The Mediterranean diet
- The Mediterranean diet is a low inflammation diet plan focused on eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, fish, and healthy oils while restricting refined and highly processed foods.
- It follows the staple foods of the area. As the area has direct access to water bodies, seafood is an important source of protein.
- Though very tasty, the Mediterranean diet is not strictly focused on weight loss. You can only lose weight with this diet if you are calorie deficient and exercising regularly.
- While it’s not a typical weight loss diet, studies prove that the Mediterranean meal plan can promote weight loss and overall health. The rich nutrients can reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
- It can even lower cholesterol levels, blood pressure, triglyceride levels, help to lose weight by improving metabolism, and even prevent cancer
- If you are concerned about menu ideas for diabetics, check out this article: Mediterranean dishes to try.
Endomorph diet plan
- This diet plan is meant for people who have a higher fat percentage and little muscle definition. An individual with such a body would be said to possess an endomorph body type.
- Such people tend to suffer from weight loss as their body clings to the fat. They tend to get fat quickly and need specially prepared healthy diet plans. They have a slower metabolism so they have to focus on what they put inside their body.
- It consists of a balanced combination of healthy foods, with the idea that these foods will help you feel fuller for longer.
- The endomorph diet does not work for everyone but if you are following it and do get the desired results then you need to consider that maybe your metabolism is not suited to this diet plan.
Inflammatory diet plan
- An inflammatory meal plan focuses on healthy fats and dense foods like complex carbs, legumes, and citrus fruits as well as vegetables.
- This diet plan has no space for any processed or refined grains and high-fat means.
- The idea behind an anti-inflammatory diet plan to lose weight is to fight inflammation linked to diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
- If you are looking for a step-by-step guide to a Low Inflammatory Diet Plan.
How to Start Your Own Nutrition Plan
Now that you are aware of the variety of nutrition diet plans that exist, you can make a meal planning guide for yourself. Just watch your calorie intake carefully and note down your calorie goal.
Now record what your present diet is like, what are the food items that you are lacking, and what you are binging on. Also pay attention to your body type, your metabolism and identify a nutrition plan that fits it all.
It is not necessary that you stick to just a single type of nutrition plan. Consult a health care professional to get a custom-made nutrition plan that fits your needs. Also, don’t forget the importance of exercising regularly. Choose a good fitness program that goes along with your nutrition plans.
Furthermore, you can take supplements or herbal medicines to enhance the overall effects and results. Check out this list of supplements products that fit each specific goal here.